History consists of a series of accumulated imaginative inventions.
Tag: VoltaireCategory : History Quotes
- The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. – Voltaire
- History is not factual at all, but a series of accepted judgments. – Geoffrey Barraclough
- History is little else than a long succession of useless cruelties. – Voltaire
- History is filled with the sound of silken slippers going downstairs and wooden shoes coming up. – Voltaire
- The best possible thing in baseball is winning the World Series. The second best thing is losing the World Series. – Anonymous