Men say that in this midnight hour, The disembodi?d have power To wander as it liketh them, By wizard oak and fairy stream.
– William Motherwell
- The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve; lovers to bed; ’tis almost fairy time. – William Shakespeare
- Come cuddle close in daddy’s coat Beside the fire so bright, And hear about the fairy folk That wander in the night. – Robert Bird
- One hour’s sleep before midnight is worth three after. – George Herbert
- O Dear Lord, You are the Truest of the True. All things are in Your Power. The 8.4 million species of beings wander around searching for You, but without the Guru, they do not find You. – Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not through strength, but through persistence. – Buddha