Men say that in this midnight hour, The disembodi?d have power To wander as it liketh them, By wizard oak and fairy stream.
– William Motherwell
- The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve; lovers to bed; ’tis almost fairy time. – William Shakespeare
- Come cuddle close in daddy’s coat Beside the fire so bright, And hear about the fairy folk That wander in the night. – Robert Bird
- One hour’s sleep before midnight is worth three after. – George Herbert
- In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins not through strength, but through persistence. – Buddha
- Away with them, away; we should not believe fairy stories if we wish to be good. Think of them as persons from the fairy wood. – Stevie Smith