A dinner invitation, once accepted, is a sacred obligation. If you die before the dinner takes place, your executor must attend.
- Ward McAllister
- I go where I’m invited. And all I can tell you is if we accepted every invitation we had, I’d be away every day of my life. - James
- The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse. - Jules Renard
- It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. - Albert Einstein
- You have come into a hard world. I know of only one easy place in it, and that is the grave. - Henry Ward Beecher
- It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place. - Lewis Carroll