There is nothing anyone can do anyway. The public has no power. The government knows I’m not a criminal. The parole board knows I’m not a criminal.
- Jack Kevorkian
- There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty. - John Adams
- What’s so frustrating about this is that we are on the verge of seeing the beginnings of a democratic and permanent government. - Jack Straw
- Our whole constitutional heritage rebels at the thought of giving government the power to control men’s minds. - Thurgood Marshall
- Classical quotation is the parole of literary men all over the world. - Samuel Johnson
- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P. J. O’Rourke