Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl’s clothes off.
- Raymond Chandler
- In everything that can be called art there is a quality of redemption. - Raymond Chandler
- She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket. - Raymond Chandler
- Chess is as elaborate a waste of human intelligence as you can find outside an advertising agency. - Raymond Chandler
- Why does a man take it for granted that a girl who flirts with him wants him to kiss her when, nine times out of ten, she only wants him to want to kiss her? - Helen Rowland
- It was a blonde. A blonde to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window. - Raymond Chandler