The purpose of art is not a rarified, intellectual distillate – it is life, intensified, brilliant life.
- Alain Arias
- Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye. - Mary Shelley
- Life on the farm is a school of patience; you can’t hurry the crops or make an ox in two days. - Henri Fournier Alain
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose. - Robert Byrne
- History remembers only the brilliant failures and the brilliant successes. - Randolph S. Bourne
- Blind commitment to a theory is not an intellectual virtue: it is an intellectual crime. - Imre Lakatos