People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
- Ann Landers
- I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling. - Frida Kahlo
- Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them. - Ann Landers
- You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out completely dry. Most people do. - Norman Juster
- There’s lots of people–this town wouldn’t hold them; Who don’t know much excepting what’s told them. - Will Carleton
- Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared. - Jack Handey