God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools.
- John Muir
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. - John Muir
- Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world. - John Muir
- How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir
- Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!” - Dexter Kozen
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. - John Muir