God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools.
– John Muir
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. – John Muir
- Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world. – John Muir
- How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! – John Muir
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. – John Muir
- The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness. – John Muir