Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.
– Cree Indian Proverb
- Money grows on the tree of persistence. – Japanese Proverb
- Game fish are to valuable to be caught only once. – Lee Wulff
- The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money. There’s a kind of glory to them when they’re all lit up that exceeds anything all the money in the world could buy. – Andy Roone
- You are the River, All-knowing and All-seeing. I am just a fish – how can I find Your limit? Wherever I look, You are there. Outside of You, I would burst and die. – Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. – Chinese Proverb