We plant trees not for ourselves, but for future generations.
- If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people. – Confucius
- A civilization flourishes when people plant trees under which they will never sit. – Greek Proverb
- Because we don’t think about future generations, they will never forget us. – Henrik Tikkanen
- A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. – Greek Proverb
- The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. – Nelson Henderson