Like the trees, we are visitors, guests of the earth.
– Kim Stafford
- Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. – Rabindranath Tagore
- Grey cloth coaxes the lime trees of friends shadowing berries dropped by the grateful earth. – Bradley Chicho
- The naked earth is warm with Spring, And with green grass and bursting trees Leans to the sun’s kiss glorying, And quivers in the sunny breeze. – Julian Grenfell
- Your soul is a dark forest. But the trees are of a particular species, they are genealogical trees. – Marcel Proust
- Trees like to have kids climb on them, but trees are much bigger than we are, and much more forgiving. – Andrew Schneider