Like the trees, we are visitors, guests of the earth.
– Kim Stafford
- Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. – Rabindranath Tagore
- Grey cloth coaxes the lime trees of friends shadowing berries dropped by the grateful earth. – Bradley Chicho
- The naked earth is warm with Spring, And with green grass and bursting trees Leans to the sun’s kiss glorying, And quivers in the sunny breeze. – Julian Grenfell
- I have woven a parachute out of everything broken. – William Stafford
- Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn’t music. – William Stafford