Like the trees, we are visitors, guests of the earth.
– Kim Stafford
- Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. – Rabindranath Tagore
- The naked earth is warm with Spring, And with green grass and bursting trees Leans to the sun’s kiss glorying, And quivers in the sunny breeze. – Julian Grenfell
- Trees like to have kids climb on them, but trees are much bigger than we are, and much more forgiving. – Andrew Schneider
- I am the earth. You are the earth. The Earth is dying. You and I are murderers. – Ymber Delecto
- I have woven a parachute out of everything broken. – William Stafford