Arbor Day has fostered love of country.
– Birdsley Grant Northrop
- Arbor Day is not like other holidays. Each of those reposes on the past, while Arbor Day proposes for the future. – Julius Sterling Morton
- Love is unconditional, relationships are not. – Grant Gudmundson
- Other holidays repose on the past. Arbor Day proposes the future. – J. Sterling Morton
- I love my country my whole country! – Benjamin Silliman
- The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border? – Pablo Casals