What a pity, when Christopher Columbus discovered America, that he ever mentioned it.
- Margot Asquith
- Columbus only discovered that he was in some new place. He didn’t discover America. - Louise Erdrich
- If America had been discovered as many times as I have, no one would remember Columbus. - Sean Connery
- He can’t see a belt without hitting below it. - Margot Asquith
- Christopher Columbus, as everyone knows, is honored by posterity because he was the last to discover America. - James Joyce
- Being lost doesn’t always have to be a bad thing. After all, when Columbus got lost, he discovered America. - Catherine Rossi