The hunger of the hungry is not appeased; by mere words, hunger is not relieved.
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- Your Face is so Beautiful, and the Sound of Your Words imparts intuitive wisdom. It is so long since this sparrow-hawk has had even a glimpse of water. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- O Siblings of Destiny, without the Guru, there is no devotional worship. Without the Guru, devotion is not obtained, even though everyone may long for it. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- Through His Light, God is revealed. Without the True Guru, understanding is not obtained. The True Guru comes to meet those who have such pre-ordained destiny. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- By the karma of good actions, some come to serve the Perfect Guru. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- Granting forgiveness, the Perfect Guru unites us with the Creator. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji