Friendships last when each friend thinks he has a slight superiority over the other.
- Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back. - Blaise Pascal
- “Friendships are like a boat. If one falls off, the other takes their arm and pulls them up. If one gets sea sick, they swim to shore. But if one leaves the ship, the true friend will tell them to stay.”
- The art of dining is no slight art, the pleasure not a slight pleasure. - Michel de Montaingne
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. - Bernard Meltzer
- 50 is the age when you look back and smile at what you have achieved, frown at those missed opportunities, and release a slight chuckle at those moments. - Anonymous