Friendships last when each friend thinks he has a slight superiority over the other.
- Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back. – Blaise Pascal
- The heart’s fierce effort to protect itself from every slight, to shield its touchy honor from the bad opinion of friend and enemy, will never let the mind have rest. – A.W. Tozer
- “Friendships are like a boat. If one falls off, the other takes their arm and pulls them up. If one gets sea sick, they swim to shore. But if one leaves the ship, the true friend will tell them to stay.”
- A sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility. – Anonymous
- The art of dining is no slight art, the pleasure not a slight pleasure. – Michel de Montaingne