Religion is the fashionable substitute for belief.
- Religion is about turning untested belief into unshakable truth through the power of institutions and the passage of time. - Richard Dawkins
- America’s greatest strength, and its greatest weakness, is our belief in second chances, our belief that we can always start over, that things can be made better. - Anthony Walton
- The truly fashionable are beyond fashion. - Cecil Beaton
- Faith is not belief. Belief is passive. Faith is active. - Edith Hamilton
- For an idea ever to be fashionable is ominous, since it must afterwards be always old fashioned. - George Santayana