The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- A free culture is not a culture without property; it is not a culture in which artists don’t get paid. - Lawrence Lessig
- In every work of genius, we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Truth is the secret of eloquence and of virtue, the basis of moral authority; it is the highest summit of art and life. - Henri Frédéric
- Poetry should… should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts, and appear almost a remembrance. - John Keats
- States are not moral agents, people are, and can impose moral standards on powerful institutions. - Noam Chomsky