No one has the right to be sorry for himself for a misfortune that strikes everyone.
- Misfortune tests friends, and detects enemies. - Anonymous
- The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out. - Chinese Proverb
- Prayer strikes the winning blow; service is simply picking up the pieces. - S.D. Gordon
- Misfortune shows those who are not really friends. - Aristotle
- Each moment has its sickle, emulous Of Time’s enormous scythe, whose ample sweep Strikes empires from the root. - Edward Young