When he’s late for dinner, I know he’s either having an affair or is lying dead in the street. I always hope it’s the street.
- Jessica Tandy
- A dead end street is a good place to turn around. - Naomi Judd
- Diplomacy, n. Lying in state, or the patriotic art of lying for one’s country. - Ambrose Bierce
- A dinner invitation, once accepted, is a sacred obligation. If you die before the dinner takes place, your executor must attend. - Ward McAllister
- Those who hope for no other life are dead even for this. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Writing is like walking in a deserted street. Out of the dust in the street you make a mud pie. - John LeCarre