He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts… for support rather than illumination.
- Andrew Lang
- Politicians use statistics in the same way that a drunk uses lamp postsöfor support rather than illumination. - Andrew Lang
- Life’s more amusing than we thought. - Andrew Lang
- You can cover a great deal of country in books. - Andrew Lang
- I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past. - Edward Gibbon
- If your support the community, they will support you. - Jerry Greenfield