Arbor Day is not like other holidays. Each of those reposes on the past, while Arbor Day proposes for the future.
- Julius Sterling Morton
- Other holidays repose on the past. Arbor Day proposes the future. - J. Sterling Morton
- He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past. - George Orwell
- The future is the past in preparation. - Pierre Dae
- Consider the past and you shall know the future. - Chinese Proverb
- Always choose the future over the past. What do we do now ? - Anonymous