My father hated radio and he could not wait for television to be invented so that he could hate that too.
- Peter De Vries
- Life is a zoo in a jungle. - Peter Vries
- I love being a writer. What I can’t stand is the paperwork. - Peter Vries
- We know the human brain is a device to keep the ears from grating on one another. - Peter Vries
- The things my wife buys at auctions are keeping me baroque. — Peter Vries
- A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. - Peter De Vries