My father hated radio and he could not wait for television to be invented so that he could hate that too.
– Peter De Vries
- Life is a zoo in a jungle. – Peter Vries
- I love being a writer. What I can’t stand is the paperwork. – Peter Vries
- We know the human brain is a device to keep the ears from grating on one another. – Peter Vries
- I was thinking that we all learn by experience, but some of us have to go to summer school. – Peter De Vries
- The things my wife buys at auctions are keeping me baroque. — Peter Vries