A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
- Bernard Meltzer
- There is no better exercise for your heart than reaching down and helping to lift someone up. - Bernard Meltzer
- The average man does not get pleasure out of an idea because he thinks it is true; he thinks it is true because he gets pleasure out of it. - H. L. Mencken
- A true friend sees the good in everything, and brings out the best in the worst of things. - Sasha Azevedo
- A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling. - Arthur Brisbane
- A good book should leave you slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. - William Styron