Never insult an alligator until you’ve crossed the river.
- Cordell Hull
- Insult is powerful. Insult begets both rage and humor and often at the same time. - Suzanne Fields
- A husband should not insult his wife publicly, at parties. He should insult her in the privacy of the home. - James Thurber
- How could the drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on. - Antoine St. Exupery
- I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river. - Chuang Tzu
- The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river. - Ross Perot