Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.
- Thomas Wolfe
- Loneliness… is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man. - Thomas Wolfe
- The whole conviction of my life now rests upon the belief that loneliness, far from being a rare and curious phenomenon, peculiar to myself and to a few other solitary men, is the central and inevitable fact of human existence. - Thomas Wolfe
- The surest cure for vanity is loneliness. - Thomas Wolfe
- Love is the ultimate expression of the will to live. - Thomas Wolfe
- Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience. - George Bernard Shaw