Loneliness can be conquered only by those who can bear solitude.
– Paul Tillich
- Language… has created the word “loneliness” to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word “solitude” to express the glory of being alone. – Paul Tillich
- Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self. – May Sarton
- The first duty of love is to listen. – Paul Tillich
- Astonishment is the root of philosophy. – Paul Tillich
- Decision is a risk rooted in the courage of being free. – Paul Tillich