The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
- Muhammad Ali
- A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes. - Robert Frost
- The first forty years of life give us the text; the next thirty supply the commentary on it. - Arthur Schopenhauer
- I haven’t been able to slam-dunk the basketball for the past five years. Or, for the thirty-eight years before that, either. - Dave Barry
- Live as long as you may. The first twenty years are the longest half of your life. - Anonymous
- Live as long as you may, the first twenty years are the longest half of your life. - Robert Southey