If I were personally to define religion, I would say that it is a bandage that man has invented to protect a soul made bloody by circumstances.
- Theodore Dreiser
- In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain
- Never take any fire personally. You aren’t the one that made the woods flammable. - Dave
- Men define intelligence, men define usefulness, men tell us what is beautiful, men even tell us what is womanly. - Sally Kempton
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself. - Harvey Fierstein
- There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge. - Friedrich Nietzsche