Being religious means asking passionately the question of the meaning of our existence and being willing to receive answers, even if the answers hurt.
- Paul Tillich
- The first duty of love is to listen. - Paul Tillich
- Astonishment is the root of philosophy. - Paul Tillich
- Loneliness can be conquered only by those who can bear solitude. - Paul Tillich
- Decision is a risk rooted in the courage of being free. - Paul Tillich
- Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence. - Aristotle