One forgets words as one forgets names. One’s vocabulary needs constant fertilizing or it will die.
- Evelyn Waugh
- Punctuality is the virtue of the bored. - Evelyn Waugh
- Don’t hold your parents up to contempt. After all, you are their son, and it is just possible that you may take after them. - Evelyn Waugh
- Anyone who has been to an English public school will always feel comparatively at home in prison. - Evelyn Waugh
- The human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a Heaven that it shows itself cloddish. - Evelyn Waugh
- We cherish our friends not for their ability to amuse us, but for ours to amuse them. - Evelyn Waugh