Much silence makes a powerful noise.
– African proverb
- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. – Peter Minard
- Accustomed to the veneer of noise, to the shibboleths of promotion, public relations, and market research, society is suspicious of those who value silence. – John Lahr
- The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise. – Benjamin Franklin
- It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise. This is true of men as of dogs. – Eric Hoffer
- True merit, like a river, the deeper it is, the less noise it makes. – Edward Frederick