But let a man know that there are things to be known, of which he is ignorant and it is so much carved out of his domain of universal knowledge.
– Horace Mann
- Real science studies and makes accessible that knowledge which people at that period of history think important, and real art transfers this truth from the domain of knowledge to the domain of feelings. – Leo Tolstoy
- Virtue is an angel, but she is a blind one, and must ask Knowledge to show her the pathway that leads to her goal. – Horace Mann
- Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. – Horace Mann
- Education is our only political safety. Outside of this ark all is deluge. – Horace Mann
- Manners easily and rapidly mature into morals. – Horace Mann