Conscience is that still, small voice that is sometimes too loud for comfort.
- Bert Murray
- A baby is an alimentary canal with a loud voice at one end and no responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan
- Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking. – Henry Louis Mencken
- The still small voice of gratitude. - Thomas Gray
- Conscience is the root of all true courage; if a man would be brave let him obey his conscience. - James Freeman Clarke
- There are two types of habits: ones which comfort us, and ones which would be a comfort if we stopped. - Catherine Pulsifer