People on horses look better than they are. People in cars look worse than they are.
- Marya Mannes
- The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control emotions by the application of reason. - Marya Mannes
- Money is not an aphrodisiac: the desire it may kindle in the female eye is more for the cash than the carrier. - Marya Mannes
- The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future. - Marya Mannes
- All really great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction. - Marya Mannes
- Men are not hanged for stealing horses, but that horses may not be stolen. - George Savile